Sunday, August 1, 2010

A second weekend down...

Well-- this weekend was great, well yesterday was so amazing and up until about 2:30 was great today, now just sitting thinking about home.. neways.. save the sad stuff for another time, for now its the weekend!
Saturday was amazing-- woke up and skyped everyone back home then headed to meet the girls who invited me to Hamdeok Beach with them! We kinda missed the bus (whoops!) and decided the wait in the sun for the next was too long, so we took a cab!! IT was so hot out we were all dripping and couldnt wait to set down our stuff on the beach, strip to our swimsuits, and hit the water. IT was soo much fun, despite the roasty red color part of me turned, but definitely worth every bit of it! We even decided to rent a little blow up boat with oars so we could go out into the ocean, however, I spent most of the 3 hours I had there in the ocean swimming nad just floating along since I thought the water was way more fun and felt a heck of a lot better then the sun baking my skin! Tons of foreigners came out to the beach so it was nice to get to see so many new faces and meet a few that weren't too involved with their friends and cliques to come say hi and introduce themselves. I had already made plans to eat some pizza at dinnertime with another new teacher from Kansas.. the pizza place was amazing, more authentic italian and made in a brick oven. Wish I would've been brave enough to take a picture altho I'm sure there will be a next time. They were totally awesome, we talked for well over 2 hours and by the time I got back to my apt. was so tired from the sun I barely said much to mom on skype and passed out!


Today- Sunday I woke up kinda early because I really really really wanted to skype keith. (It's so hard to be away from him), then went back to sleep until a normal hour to wake up and talked to mom and chad quickly before I needed to head off to play soccer down teh road. Soccer is my worst sport but I was up for the challege and was looking forward to meeting new people and getting some great exercise. It was scorching hot out and since I was burnt from yesterday did decide to put on some SPF 30 today so i didn't turn into a tomato and my kids laugh at me on my first day tomorrow! We palyed for probably a good 1 1/2 hours and then all were so pooped out from the sun decided to call it a day. Was so excited to finally splurge on some PB and made a nice PB sandwich for lunch! I was so excited I even took a pic for ya! Since then I've just been laying around, talked to keith again for a bit and just been doing things around the apartment since I'm kinda pooped from the weekend and it feels nice to be outta the sun for a little bit. Tomorrow is my first day at school, so wish me luck, and I pray that with school in session now my time here will go a little bit faster!


I keep telling myself just to make it until october when chad is hoping to come, and that will be the 1/2 way mark for 6 mos... we will see when january comes, , I 1/2 joked today with Keith and said I could come home after Janaury and only have to pay for a plane ticket. I think he said he would be so happy he would probably pay for it just to get to have me home. We will see- everyone here says they said the exact same thing in their first few months but that I really have to wait to make that decision until Dec./January because then I will really know if I like it or not- if not, i've decided I wont make myself miserable adn will just have to find a job until the end of the school year back home and then hope for a teaching job the next.. trying not to think about that though right now- but then again some days I need to remember, If i hate it I CAN come home in 6 mos. and still have enough money to make it through. Keep the prayers coming, I can really use them!! As you see, some days have been a lot better for me than others!! Just gotta hope for the best I guess!! Miss you all!


1 comment:

  1. Hi! I'm coming to teach in Jeju soon (hopefully)! Are you still at 3B Junior English Academy? Would you recommend it?
    Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete